Friday, May 18, 2012

The Dress Project

Because of some unfortunate circumstances last Friday involving a science experiment gone horribly awry [or car problems, you choose], for my final week of school I had 2 small bags and one box of clothes to get me through the week.  What did that box contain? Dresses. A dozen dresses.  Naturally, I decided to take it as a challenge... could I make it through the week wearing a dress every day?  Well let's see....

Saturday:

I dressed for the river, ended up at a prairie, and was later invited to go cliffjumping, so I wanted to wear a fun summery dress.  Wore denim shorts under it so I just took the dress off for swimming and wore shorts and the tank top.

Sunday:


I wore my Monet dress, the one I bought for Easter.  Ran lyrics at church, ate lunch, and had a splendidly lazy afternoon.

Monday:


I cheated a bit and wore grey jeans under this one because it was a little short to wear to class by itself.  This is probably my new favorite dress!  My roommate forgot to hide the scissors, so I also sported some self-chopped bangs.  I ended up changing into shorts for the bye bash, but wore this to my last day of classes and to lifegroup.

Tuesday:


It's a personal tradition of mine to dress up for the first day of finals.  I changed last-minute and ended up wearing this lacy 1920's-esque dress!

Wednesday:


Nothing special, I wear this dress a lot, and was in enough of a hurry to not do anything to my hair.  8am finals will do that to ya!

Thursday:


I wore this dress over shorts and a tee shirt on my last day in Bolivar.  I ended the year with a second clifflumping excursion at Stockton lake!  Ended up driving back to KC soaking wet, still in the clothes I went swimming in, but it was worth it!  Had a great end to a great year, even if it involved cheating a tiny bit on the dress thing.

And there you have it: a detailed description of my wardrobe for almost an entire week!  I sure hope this was enjoyable!  Next week: "What I ate for lunch every day for a week"
[actually, I just found out my cousin has gone into labor, so my next post may very well include baby pictures! squeeee!]

No comments:

Post a Comment