Saturday, May 5, 2012

When I'm bored or feeling adventurous, I roam Google maps.  Sometimes I find a place nearby that looks appealing enough from the sky for me to get in my car and try to find it.  It's funny how these silly little towns can mean so much, how the curves and angles of these roads conjure up memories.  Lines equate to friends and spots of green equate to summer evenings spent lounging in a field talking about life and friendship and time travel.  It's also interesting to compare these silly little towns that mean so much.  I didn't realize the one was so much bigger, so much more city-like than the other.  Squares of concrete replace the carefree curving streets, filling in with lines and houses what the other fills in with eighteen years of memories.



What will these images mean to me in 20 years? in 50?

No comments:

Post a Comment