So tonight was... epic! After being sick all day, I thought it'd be a fun idea to drive out to Overland Park to rock out with Manic Drive [and Pearlescent Shepherds and The Florescent]!
After getting to Overland Park and having quite a bit of trouble finding this place, we made it!
The venue itself was really awesome, one of those church-owned clubs, and sister and I made it on time, which was a relief!
They entertained those of us who were waiting for the bands to start by having this guy blow up a hot-water heating pad until it popped and tearing a phonebook in half.
Then the music started! The Florescent, an electrona band who uses gameboys to make music, made up of an absolutely adorable married couple played first. Then a guy rapped a few songs, then a hip-hop duo, Pearlescent Shepherds, played. In between sets, sister and I got to know some awesome people [seriously, if you want to make friends at a concert, pass around glow sticks!] and there was some dancing, a push-up concert, some freestyle rap, and a few testimonies.
Then.... Manic Drive!!!!! They've been in KC 3 times, and sister and I have seen them here 3 times now. They're really freaking awesome!
Thanks to a janky system, it took them 3 tries to start.. I guess it just couldn't handle their epicness!
the show, however, was fantastic!! I came out covered in sweat, deaf, and sore. Couldn't be better!
Afterwards, sister and I somehow managed to be the last people in line to meet Manic Drive! And thanks to Shawn's scatterbrainedness, we got to talk to the band for a good 20 minutes!
The girl working the table creeped on Keith, Shawn, and Michael while we were waiting for a picture:
[did ya like how I kept slipping in the title of their newest album?]
No comments:
Post a Comment