Monday, March 12, 2012

Tonight my roommate got me to work on my homework by telling me if I got half of it done, we could go outside and color for half an hour. It worked. Last week it was "let's race! whoever finishes all their assignments first wins!". Tomorrow I'm hoping to talk her out of a cookie. But hey, I got my Critical Thinking flashcards done, and now I can do whatever I want all night!! [I say as I shove away the Fine arts assignment and pile of notes for 4 different tests]

Today was a really good day. Even though it started with an extremely rushed breakfast and my least favorite class, God decided to give us some absolutely freaking amazing weather today which more than made up for my morning grumpiness.

I spent an hour reading Black by Ted Dekker for an hour between classes. I've never read the Circle Trilogy before and so far it's really really good! Jordan and Joe walked by while I was sitting there and Joe got kinda excited when I told him what I was reading.. apparently they're his favorite books. I enjoy people who get super enthusiastic about books!

After class, I went back to my dorm and had two books I'd been waiting for in the mail sitting on my bed! One, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, from my dear friend Shelbey who recommended it, so she mailed it to me in exchange for John Green's The Fault in Our Stars and Stephanie Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss. I also got a book I'd won on Goodreads.

I ate sandwiches for dinner with Ellie and Leanna out on the forum while people lounged around on blankets or played ultimate frisbee, trying desperately to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of the extraordinary weather.

We also had a Campus Activities meeting tonight which, thanks to successfully pulling off the Amazing Race over the weekend, was bigger and more relaxed than usual. Highlights included cookie-sundaes and finding out that our already over-sized budget was per semester not year, as we'd been assuming. So, SBU, big things coming! Get excited!

This evening featured not doing homework, coloring in my Disney Princess coloring book, and telling myself "you can't go running tonight.. you need to blog!" I've also been giggling over the "memes" my friends have created tonight featuring each other. Yup.

Tomorrow promises highs of 80 and eating at Meller's, which, strange as it sounds, has been rare and missed this semester. [it's not that the food's any good, it's that the social opportunities are much greater!]

No comments:

Post a Comment